VCG is searching for a EPIC EHR SME Specialist
Title: EPIC EHR SME Specialist
The EPIC Electronic Health Record Application Specialist provides the implementation, development, adaptation, integration, enhancement, and end-user training of our Patient Assessment System (PAS) application, integration with EPIC and adjunct integrated application systems for both external clients and internal EPIC teams. Through focus group sessions and data analysis they will gain knowledge of the business operational requirements and constraints across client’s environments and advance and optimize the EHR related to system functionality, improvements, and routine maintenance and support.
KEY OBJECTIVES WE WILL ASK OF YOU
- A strong understanding of clinical and back-office (i.e., billing/claims) processes for industry leading EHR applications and interfaces.
- Experience implementing and upgrading EHR solutions, including design, configuration, training, and rollout for multi-state, multi-site organizations
- Experience implementing and supporting EHR Point of Care (POC) solutions and related device management
- Experience providing or leading EHR support to clinicians
- Experience with developing collaboration between frontline support teams and higher-level support teams
- Ability to train frontline support staff who provide remote support for large footprint of customers
- Ability to perform workflow analysis
- Experience with EHR system ad-hoc and custom report design and development
- Experience with EHR business and applications, especially optimizing and improving system workflows based on clinical and operational best practices
- Experience assessing clinical processes and workflows and translating these to EHR functionality and configuration
- Key SME – Subject Matter Expert in designing, deploying and supporting of new application functionality and continuously on-going enhancement.
- Provides application troubleshooting support for end users.
- A proven history with solving complex EMR/EHR data and user-related issues
- A proven history documenting, designing, and implementing EMR/EHR system-associated process changes
- Healthcare IT, experience required
- Bachelors or Advanced degrees in Training or Healthcare Leadership preferred
- 5+ years’ work experience in healthcare clinic operations, applications and information technology operations
- 5+ years’ work experience supporting EHR/EMR solutions in healthcare industries (medical groups)
- Experience with EPIC application solutions and integrations
- EHR Certifications desirable when available (depending on application)
- Healthcare EMR Pre-Sales experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work remotely and engage teams to deliver results
- Ability to travel via a major US airport
- Consulting experience preferred but not required
Job Type: Full-time
- Healthcare: 5 years (Required)
- EHR/EMR: 5 years (Required)
Vector Consulting Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized leader in Healthcare IT Staffing and Consulting Services. VCG provides healthcare organizations the expertise needed to attain strategic initiatives in Information Technology, while establishing long-term relationships through accountability, respect and integrity.
VCG offers extremely competitive rates for both and employees and contractors including the following full fortune 500 benefits for our employees: 401k retirement with company match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance. VCG also offers a bonus and referral program for those who are interested.