|Cerner Clinical Informatics Expert|
|Minimum Experience:||5 yrs+|
VCG is searching for an experienced cardiovascular clinical informatics expert for our client healthcare organization. Strong technical experience in medical informatics, health and medicine, computer science, and research methods preferred. Must be knowledgeable of new trends in clinical management and information systems, and be able to apply data processing technology for the clinical and physician services areas. Must have a thorough knowledge of nursing practices and principles. Knowledge related to federal and state medical record statues and regulations required. Direct experience with High Reliability Organization (HRO), Six Sigma/LEAN, Work-Out, and CAP (Change Acceleration Process) and their integration into current clinical and operation quality initiatives. Thorough knowledge of the impact of process analysis and re-design methodologies on the legal, regulatory, ethical, managerial and organizational, principles and standards for the acute general hospitals and health systems preferred.
Length of Engagement: 6 months
Travel: 100% onsite
Application and user support
- Collects, coordinates, and manages user issues, and expectations around development, functionality and outcomes. Solicits feedback on development, functionality, upgrades, planned downtime, and application and device performance.
- Collaborates with analytics team, CV related registries, and intermediaries to ensure accurate and timely data submissions. Solicits feedback from the clinical teams and data analysts from each entity to make sure the process to input data is maximized to provide optimum productivity, patient confidentiality, and system security and are in accordance with the organization's long-range goals.
- Utilizes the knowledge and skills of clinical practice to determine clinical functions that are suitable for computer applications and to ensure the Information Systems are consistent with professional standards of clinical practice.
- Is a member of the CV IS Steering Committee with the purpose of reporting data process initiatives and results, and to coordinate feedback to and from the committee on the overall performance of data strategies.
- Coordinates feedback to and from the committee to clinical user groups in the entity.
- Works with the IS project managers to understand overall IS project time lines and identify where there may be physician impacts.
- Provides feedback to IS project managers to improve the overall implementation and adoption of changes.
Communication and teamwork
- Works with the Clinical Effectiveness Analytics team, IS teams, and hospital clinical teams to promote a cross-functional team approach to data analytics.
- Identifies strategic relationships with nursing and ancillary management, as well as Med staff office, HIM and other stakeholders.
- Communicates effectively and contributes to positive interdepartmental relationships particularly between technical staff and the clinical staff.
- Other duties as indicated in support of the efficient and effective operations of the EMR system and in the promotion of effective user adoption and success in deployment of systems.