|Wireless Network Engineer|
|Minimum Experience:||7 yrs+|
VCG is looking for a wireless network engineer who is able to travel to client sites to perform wireless network assessments. The assessment process will involve interaction with all levels at our client sites. Excellent written and verbal communications are required. The ideal candidate will have strong wireless networking knowledge and also familiarity with wired networks, protocols and communications.
Start Date: 1/13/19
Length: 6 months to start
Region: Midwest, West, East
Hours: 40 hours/week
Travel: 50-75% travel
Vector Consulting Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized leader in Healthcare IT Staffing and Consulting Services. VCG provides healthcare organizations the expertise needed to attain strategic initiatives in Information Technology, while establishing long-term relationships through accountability, respect and integrity.
VCG offers extremely competitive rates for both and employees and contractors including the following full fortune 500 benefits for our employees: 401k retirement with company match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance. VCG also offers a bonus and referral program for those who are interested.
• CCNA Wireless Cisco Certification or equivalent.
• 7+ years of designing, implementing, and operating wireless networks
• Strong ability to plan, implement, verify and troubleshoot local and wide-area enterprise networks and work collaboratively with specialists on advanced wireless solutions.
• Solid understanding of BGP and OSPF routing protocols.
• IPv4 and IPv6 experience – support and implementation.
• Packet capture and analysis experience (Sniffer, Wireshark, etc.).
• Operates independently the majority of the time.
• Good wireless network design and troubleshooting experience
• Experience with Cisco Prime and ISE configuration and monitoring.
• Domain Name Service (DNS) configuration and administration a plus.
• Troubleshoots wireless network problems.
• Strong VLAN, SVLAN, IP subnetting knowledge and understanding.
• Monitoring, alerting, logging and error checking of LANWAN devices.
• Experience with TACACS+, RADIUS, LDAP authentication a plus.
• Experience with Visio for documenting network configuration or design.
• Ability to present identified risk items to technical and non-technical clients.